“I want to top expectations. I want to blow you away”
“I think I will be able to, in the end, rise above the clouds and climb the stairs to Heaven, and I will look down on my beautiful life”
Feb 4 2018 “Shadow of The Mountain”
Soundboard Spanish Cedar Cedrela Odorata
Back, Sides, Spanish Cedar Cedrela Odorata
Neck Japanese Maple Acer Palmatum
Bridge, Fretboard Ebony Diospyros Crassiflora
Pick-Up Cartridges Pauwlonia Paulownia Catalpifolia
|SCALE LENGTH||24 3/4″|
|EBONY VOLUME KNOB||1.75″|
|EBONY TONE KNOB WITH CTS POTS||1.75″|
*To celebrate our new partnership, Tao Guitars and Symphontree Music will be offering confidential deals on Tao’s new inventory. We would like to remove any barriers possible to get theses guitars in your hands. It is my pleasure to be able to introduce you to Tao’s extraordinary instruments.
Critical Tone Analysis
1.Chordal Response: a warm energetic-driving response, balanced- thick chordal weight , warm productive, intimate bass 4.9
𝑑1 = 4.95 ( 5-n) +1 =1.95 )
2.Individual note decay as well as blended in a chord: 14 secs superb sustain with upper/ lower partials, 4.95
𝑑2 = 4.95 ( 5-n) +1 =1.95 )
3. Basic volume and presence: an intimate, dynamic and rich voice, rewarding and balanced blend of “open” responsive tone 4.9
𝑑3 =4.9 ( 5-n) +1 =1.9 )
4. Individual note separation and focus: excellent note separation and focus, rich organic highs, dark and decadent bass, wet and dry notes possible, excellent balance and articulation 4.9
𝑑4 =4.9 ( 5-n) +1 =1.9)
5.Systematic sustain: warm full bodied sustain, wet and dry response possible, versatile sustain, toasty consistent sustain, 4.9
𝑑5 =4.9 ( 5-n) +1 =1.9)
6. Response compliance: energetic, lively response with balanced finish, active and balanced spectrum, intimate, pleasing 4.9
𝑑6 = 4.9 ( 4.85 -n) +1 =1.9 )
7. Balance and quality of tone: very well balanced, dark and gritty to open and sweet notes sweep across a palette of organic analog tone drenched in resonating fundamental, an expressive- orchestral voice, clear harmonics, effortless playability, intimate, pleasing, 4.9
𝑑7 = 4.9 ( 4.8-n) +1 =1.9 )
8. Even strength and balance of each string: strings are very well balanced, refined sound with expert articulation, great fundamental 4.9
𝑑8 = 4.9 ( 4.75-n) +1 =1.9 )
9. Tone projection: focused tone production, radiated in breaths of tone from the pick up cartridges, crisp 4.8
𝑑9 =4.8 ( 5-n) +1 =1.8)
10. A large dynamic range: soft, open, sweet, honey dipped chilli pepper highs wrapped in organic resonance 4.9
𝑑10 =4.9 ( 5-n) +1 = 1.9 )
11. Tonal bloom: full even bloom cycles, almost unnoticeable due to lengthy sustain 4.9
𝑑11 =4.9 ( 5-n) +1 =1.9 )
Quality Of Tone
A very well balanced guitar with a diverse range of dynamics. Tone ranges from dark and gritty to open round notes to fried chilli’s n honey drenched trebles over warm, syrupy bass. This range develops and articulates across a universal palette of wood generating an organic analog vibe chop full of vintage comfort and mojo drenched in deep, peaty fundamental. Yamagake resonates like a bell in a constant bloom that engages and responds as you play. Overall, this is my favourite solid body guitar I have played to date due to the powerful and diverse tone range paired with the incredibly fast neck. Definitely a guitar that is very hard to put down and leaves you lusting for more.
∑𝑑 = (𝑑1+𝑑2+𝑑3+𝑑4+𝑑5+𝑑6+𝑑7+𝑑8+𝑑9+𝑑10+𝑑11)= 20.05
𝐏= ∑ 𝐅 ∕ T ∑𝐅=∑𝑑⧹𝐀
P = 20.05 / T
𝐏= 20.05/ 22 ≅ /10 ≅ 90%
The Ecstatic Guitar Theorem
This is a Tao Guitars original design and was crafted in their shop in Brussels, Belgium.
This guitar was in our minds from the beginning, even before the brand was created and named. We wanted to build an instrument that would set the shape of things to come, a guitar that would represent our idea of “innovation and design.” This instrument had to be modernistic, yet timeless by integrating a strong flavor of ancient Asian aesthetics and crafts, by this way connecting our name with a strong visual identity
Notion of Design
The Tao “Yamakage” (shadow of the mountain), is a guitar designed to have a powerful voice on his own. We try to avoid any parts that get in the way of the pure string vibrations generated by the player. The fixed saddles are brass cylinders held in place by an ebony bridge that goes directly through the spanish cedar body. This design element develops a real particular tone in the guitar, directly related to the original vibrations received by our player.
The back is carved so that your belly is not damping this wide thin body which creates an amazing sustain. The larger top plate allows for more fundamental wave resonation making every note you hear and play deeper and thicker then you would anticipate. We also use a discreet push button inside the bridge for split pick up possibility. The pick up covers are Pauwlonia, a Japanese wood commonly used for furniture. The Pauwlonia is finished according to an ancient Japanese technique called “sugi shou ban”, which scorches the wood in a flames to preserve it. The top is dressed in a “bashien” (pickguard) made out of Washi paper, a classic Japanese paper made out different elements such as fruits, grains, wheat …. .
An exquisite guitar with a profound dynamic voice. Flawless, clean refined lines, paired with Yamakage theme make this an incredibly special instrument capable of being the ultimate muse as well as musical partner.
Feb 4 2018 —-