The Ecstatic Guitar Theorem
Critical Tone Analysis
1. Chordal Response: fast, deep, reactive, thick swell, round, versatile chordal weight 4.75
𝑑1 = ( 4.75-n) +1 = 1.75)
2.Individual note decay as well as blended in a chord: 11 – 13 sec
approx sec as note ~ sec with vibrato 4.50
𝑑2 = ( 4.50 – n) +1 = 1.50)
3. Basic volume and presence: Loud,soft, classical, orchestral, powerful, Versatile, very dynamic, sweet and round, thick swells 4.75
𝑑3 = (4.75 – n) +1 = 1.75)
4. Individual note separation and focus: clear, thick, crisp, note separation 4.70
𝑑4 = ( 4.70– n) +1 = 1.70)
5.Systematic sustain: rich defined overtone series, interactive sustain, 4.65
𝑑5 =( 4.65– n) +1 =1.65 )
6. Response compliance: atmospheric, vivacious, very dynamic, rich, rings like a bell, cuts like a knife, soft / classical-nylon, gritty 4.65
𝑑6 =(4.65– n) +1 =1.65 )
7. Balance and quality of tone: enthusiastic voice, vibrant, nice balance, creamy trebles with warmth 4.65
𝑑7 =(4.65- n) +1 = 1.65)
8. Even strength and balance of each string: evenly balanced and pronounced with a crisp acoustic focus 4.50
𝑑8 = (4.50– n) +1 =1.50 )
9. Tone projection: warm swells, intimate slow swells, can bark and bite 4.65
𝑑9 =( 4.65 – n) +1 = 1.65)
10. A large dynamic range: a vast dynamic range with warm round notes full of fundamental 4.65
𝑑10 =(4.65– n) +1 =1.65)
11. Tonal bloom: energetic bloom or slower warm bloom 4.65
𝑑11 = ( 4.65– n) +1 = 1.65)
∑𝑑 = (𝑑1+𝑑2+𝑑3+𝑑4+𝑑5+𝑑6+𝑑7+𝑑8+𝑑9+𝑑10+𝑑11)= 18.05
𝐏= ∑ 𝐅 ∕ T ∑𝐅=∑𝑑⧹𝐀
P = / T
𝐏= 18.05 / 22 ≅ 8.2 /10 ≅ 82%
This guitar utilizes %82 of it’s given potential energy.
This guitar was conceived late summer/ fall 2015 under the astrological sign Virgo (Virgin). It was delivered to Symphontree Music Jan 15 in the sign of Capricorn (Goat). Tony’s state of mind was clear and focused. After finishing off a batch of students and current commissions, Tony built this piece for himself with Symphontree in mind for selling it. This guitar was not built in a rush or with any kind of dead line in place. This particular guitar features a new advanced X bracing system adapted by Tony after years of researching vintage Martin guitars. The pairing of colours is beautiful.
The OOO shape was adapted by Tony but still maintains the OOO form and shape. The rosette is hand made from abalone that Tony cut out and made for the guitar. Tony builds everything himself including jigs and forms. The bevel is a fusion of Ryan/Laskin design with a Karol touch. The sound port is a borrowed design with Tony’s added touches with regards to shape, veneer and tone retention in the box.
This guitar seems to have a masculine vibe and feel. The above photograph shows the guitar lines (green) blending into the background (black). All that remains are the lines and curves. The black lines feel more feminine to me and the green lines almost show an old western cowboy leaning up against a saloon door with a hand on a holster. A man about town.