The Ecstatic Guitar Theorem
Harmonic Hendrix Home Documentary
Critical Tone Analysis
1.Chordal Response: a fast, lively, response, glittery- light chordal weight with crisp developed highs, walloping bass 4.8
𝑑1 = 4.8 ( 5-n) +1 =1.8 )
2.Individual note decay as well as blended in a chord: 12- 14 secs excellent rich sustain with upper/ lower partials, more diffused sustain then a typical Spruce top 4.9
𝑑2 = 4.9 ( 5-n) +1 =1.9 )
3. Basic volume and presence: a radiant crisp voice, rewarding and balanced trebles, whoomfy bass, loud bass, balanced trebles 4.85
𝑑3 =4.85 ( 5-n) +1 =1.85 )
4. Individual note separation and focus: great note separation and focus, shimmery bright highs, airy and decadent bass wet and dry notes possible, excellent balance and articulation 4.8
𝑑4 =4.8 ( 5-n) +1 =1.8)
5.Systematic sustain: warm sustain, wet and dry response, versatile sustain from flat picking to finger-style 4.85
𝑑5 =4.85 ( 5-n) +1 =1.85)
6. Response compliance: energetic, response with bright finish and loads of bass to utilize, very active bass 4.85
𝑑6 = 4.85 ( 4.85 -n) +1 =1.85 )
7. Balance and quality of tone: well balanced with a crisp acoustic note, an enthusiastic fun voice, vibrant, Chirping harmonics, a a treble section loaded in “tings” and a bass section loaded in ‘tongs” teamed with effortless playability, awesome strummer guitar 4.85
𝑑7 = 4.85 ( 4.8-n) +1 =1.85 )
8. Even strength and balance of each string: strings are balanced and pronounced with a crisp focus, excellent articulation, shimmery highs, 4.85
𝑑8 = 4.85 ( 4.75-n) +1 =1.85 )
9. Tone projection: forward focused tone production, radiated sound full bass breaths, crisp and sharp highs 4.9
𝑑9 =4.9 ( 5-n) +1 =1.9)
10. A large dynamic range: a nice array of dynamics, ranging from crisp raspy highs and bellows of low to a more percussive sound 4.85
𝑑10 =4.85 ( 5-n) +1 = 1.85 )
11. Tonal bloom: full bloom cycles, in a crisp clear brine of trebles over a warm wooly bass. 4.85
𝑑11 =4.85 ( 5-n) +1 =1.85 )
Quality Of Tone
This guitar has the natural instincts for creating music. A well balanced sound with a crisp acoustic note, an enthusiastic fun voice, vibrant, chirping harmonics, a a treble section loaded in “tings” and a bass section loaded in ‘tongs” teamed with effortless playability, awesome strummer guitar. All strings are balanced and pronounced with a crisp focus, excellent articulation, shimmery highs and a a nice array of dynamics. A fun, fast and pleasing guitar to enjoy your times with.
∑𝑑 = (𝑑1+𝑑2+𝑑3+𝑑4+𝑑5+𝑑6+𝑑7+𝑑8+𝑑9+𝑑10+𝑑11)= 20.3
𝐏= ∑ 𝐅 ∕ T ∑𝐅=∑𝑑⧹𝐀
P = 20.3 / T
𝐏= 20.3/ 22 ≅ /10 ≅ 92%
This is a Joi Guitars original body design, headstock design, rosette, bracing pattern and voice. It was crafted in 2017 by Reuben Forsland in his shop in Comox, BC.
This guitar was conceived by Reuben Forsland as part of a continuing pursuit and dedication to craft the worlds most sensational “story” guitars, loaded in tone. This unique guitar features wood from the baseboards of Jimi’s Hendrix’s childhood home.
Built just before 1920, at 2603 26th Avenue, in Seattle’s vibrant and fast growing Central District, this quaint single family residence became home to the young Hendrix family after Jimi’s father purchased the property in Spring 1953. Considered the first home purchased by the Hendrix family; the home played host to the young and inquisitive Jimi Hendrix during perhaps two of his most formative years when he first set his sight on how to play the guitar.
The soundboard is wood from Jimi’s room, the neck wood from the Living room. The fret markers on the front of fingerboard are nails pulled from the woods, with sterling silver tubing around each. Fret markers on the top side of fingerboard are the wiring from the home ,with silver tubing trimmed around it. The fingerboard is Ebony with pieces of Hendrix home flooring trim. Back Bracing features lamination of ebony and Hendrix home wood. A quilted maple binding with an African blackwood back and sides. The blackwood was chosen for the fantastic quality of tone and strength of bass chord response as well as a nod to what is known as Jimi’s fav guitar, “Black Beauty” The rosette utilizes 150 pieces of ebony encasing re-epoxied paint chips scraped from the flooring. With the guitar held neck down, I created the feel of a contemporary design that reflects a background effect behind many Hendrix photo’s.
Now you can own a piece of this historical music legacy, with an exquisite, very limited edition, hand-crafted Harmonic Hendrix Home Guitars™ and hold a piece of Jimi Hendrix’s legacy in your own hands.
A real character with style, class, that whispers sweet nothings in rambles of inspirational tone. This guitar is a seductive and classy figure with an incredible story and voice to share. She is as she always was, a piece of Jimi Hendrix’s life, legacy and story.
The Listening Bar
ClearTone Phosphor Bronze Med – Lights Strings Used
Fir, Get The Tarp
Tings and Tongs
The Listening Bar
D’addario Phosphor Bronze 12 – 53 Strings Used